- May 12, 2022
- Posted by: AliensFaith
- Category: OBJECTIVE PRESS
A new video page indexing report is coming to Google Search Console in the near future, Dikla Cohen, a Web Ecosystem Consultant at Google, announced at Google I/O today. The new report shows you a summary of all the video pages Google found while crawling and indexing your site.
Video page indexing report. The video page indexing report will be found in Google Search Console, under the “Index” tab, under “video pages.” At the time of writing this, this feature does not seem live yet – but it should be coming soon.
This report shows you a summary of all the video pages Google found while crawling and indexing your site. It will help you:
- See how many video landing pages Google discovered and in how many of them a video was indexed
- Examine reasons for unindexed videos in landing pages
- Use the list of affected video pages URLs to debug and fix issues
- Validate fix to initiate recrawling of known affected URLs
What it looks like. Here are screenshots from the presentation:
Why we care. Video is an important aspect for many web sites, and these reports will help you discover how important those videos are for you related to Google Search. Google Search Console’s new video indexing reports can help you find indexing issues with your videos and how to debug those issues.
Check back to find out when this report goes live.
The post Google Search Console to release new video page indexing report appeared first on Search Engine Land.