- September 18, 2023
- Posted by: AliensFaith
- Category: OBJECTIVE PRESS
I am new to solar and not familiar with all the systems, components, etc., can you please evaluate a recent quote I received. Note: I live in a very hot (and sunny) climate. Rarely snows, very snows maybe 1 to 2 days a year, where it does not stick to the roadway.
Can anything be improved or can you suggest if different components would be better or best.
-REC Group Alpha Pure REC410
-Enphase IQ8 IQ8-72-2-US Micro inverter
- 11.1 kW
- 15,597 kWh Annual usage
- Number of panels 27
- Number of inverters 27 (?)
- Price per Watt $2.72 – Cash, install included.
- NEM billing (not metering)
- Solar only quote, not including batteries.
- South Facing (have not seen the layout to know if all panels will be south facing). I have 500+ sq ft south facing.
I would like to add 1 or 2 panels for future needs for future plug in hybrid (1 to 2), mini-split in 850 sq ft garage.
Additional SMART panel is $3,900.
Is there a disadvantage to having greater than 100% production.
Number of inverters says 27, so each panel gets their own inverter?
I do plan to add batteries, the above quote is for solar only.